Hot Box Games
Based in Northampton, United Kingdom
25 August 2015
In Player Rush, you play as the final boss in a newly released RAID dungeon. Players from across the globe are partying up take you down and steal your loot. Your objective is to survive and kill as many of them as you can!
The theme for this Ludum Dare was 'You Are the Monster'. We’re quite happy with the end result of this game, we had planned to add more features / attacks / objectives but, as always, all of our ideas can’t be done in 72 hours! We also had a new member join in this LD, Ollie, who spent his time doing all the character art & learning how to create sprite sheets for animations etc.
- Play as a dungeon boss against heroes!
- Battle against knights, healers & warriors, all set on your destruction.
- Smash foes into the ground with your powerful smash attack.
- Listen to two awesome new tracks while playing.
- All made in 72 hours for Ludum Dare 33.
- Fill enemies full of holes with your powerful cannon blast!
- When your hp is low, enter RAGE MODE for a 50% increase in movement & attack speed!
- While in RAGE MODE, use you inner energy to perform a powerful mega laser attack!
There are currently no trailers available for Player Rush. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Logo & Icon
- "Player Rush Post-Mortem"
- Hot Box Games, ludumdare.com
- "FUCKING COOL AS SHIT"
- Button Masher Bros, YouTube.com
- "Gorgeous pixel art visuals and unique twist on RAID dungeon gameplay make for an entertaining experience"
- Calum Fraser, freegameplanet.com
- "Really fun!"
- Amy Napkins, YouTube.com
- "Interesting concept, would love to see this made into a full game!"
- Fire Gaming, YouTube.com
- "Three Cute Games"
- Ganil Ganilder, YouTube.com
- "Very cool game!"
- Elliot Bulmer, Twitter.com
Available for free at soundcloud.com.
All Ludum Dare related blog posts available at hotboxgames.co.uk.
About Hot Box Games
Hot Box Games is a small independent game development company based in the UK. We're just three guys with regular day jobs, assembling in the Hot Box Cave at night to create awesome games.
More information on Hot Box Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Player Rush Credits
Business & Development, Programming, Web
Code Design, Programming
Music & Sound, Art
Art & Animation